Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Has anyone ever tried the automatic nail filer for animals? ?

its the new one that just came out. Its supposed to file them down instead of clip them. If do what did you think about it? is it worth the money? and do you have to replace the files or batteries alot?Has anyone ever tried the automatic nail filer for animals? ?
I just bought one a month or so ago for our two mini daschunds. They were scared of the noise and vibrations at first, but after a while they got use to it. I gave them treats or toys while I did it to distract them from the filer. The trimmer comes with a page that shows you how to introduce it to the animal.





I've used it twice so far, and it seems to work pretty good. The Pedi Paws comes with an extra file. So far the filer I am using is still good after two rounds of trimming. I think it's worked good for the money so far. I spent $20 on it and it costs $10 dollars for the two of them at the groomer. Regular nail filers are hard to use on animals because their nails are thick and it could take forever!!Has anyone ever tried the automatic nail filer for animals? ?
Does'nt work and the dog freaks out from the sound and vibration, use a regular womens nail file (emery board).
All dogs are different so they will have different reactions to it. My dog doesnt like the vibrating and it scares her. I let the vet cut her nails
Some dogs will allow you to use it but there are probably more that will not allow you to use it.





Personally, I don't like it. It is much quicker %26amp; easier to just clip them.
I heard it doesn't work as good as it is supposed to. My groomer and past groomers use clippers. It is like $7-10 to bring them in for a nail trim. Vet use clippers. I would say-bring the dog to a groomer, petco, or a vet to trim them.
Just go to Walmart or your hardware store and invest in a dremel. They work great! My dogs like it much better then clippers, and their nails look much better. The cheapo type won't last long, and the cordless dremel will go forever! This is what pro groomers and show people use.
The refills and batteries get expensive, and my min pins wanted nothing to do with it. They hid under the couch and refused to come out for the rest of the day, and i didn't even get to use it on them. The cats hated it too. I prefer Resco guillotine style clippers, myself. You can follow up with an emery board if snags are a problem.
I have not used one of those but I have used a dremel on my mini dachshunds and I don't have any problem... the noise bothers them at first but just like with the clippers they got used to it.
I use the pedi-paws on one of my belgians, and a regular trimmer on the other. Both work well, the pedi-paws has been used 4 times so far with the same filer wheel and batteries, no problems noted yet. I guess it depends on what your dog/s like and what you feel comfortable with using. Otherwise, find a good groomer, most will not charge to have nails clipped between grooming. Mine doesn't :-)
I got one and used it for the first time today. it took a few minutes to get the hang. After working with it I shaped my dogs nails pretty good. I have 2 small dogs they wern't afraid of it and I did like it. I DO reccomend it. And it is called the Pedi Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment